Health Ministry informed in a statement on its website that all the regions of Ukraine and Kyiv city were Tuesday designated as ‘green zones’ , which brings back the minimal quaratine restrictions.
Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers has recently introduced changes to its resolution on adaptive quarantine.
The criteria for establishing the ‘green’ zone have been amended.
Regions are considered ‘green’ if epidemic situation there has the following features:
- the number of COVID-19 infection cases per 100,000 people over the last 14 days is less than 75;
- the coefficient of detection of cases of COVID-19 infection (PCR and antigen test) is less than 4 percent;
- the number of PCR and antigen tests done over the last seven days for a population of 100,000 people is more than 300;
- there are no regions being in ‘red’ zones in the whole territory of Ukraine.
Recently, there have been no regions in Ukraine marked as ‘red’. Moreover, according to Health Ministry data, the number of COVID-19 infection cases per 100,000 people over the last 14 days is less than 74 in the whole territory of Ukraine.
Thus, on June 9, 2021, all the regions of Ukraine entered the ‘green’ zone.
According to the information available on the official portal of the Ministry of Health (covid19.gov.ua), the ‘green’ zone imposes the following restrictions:
- wearing masks in public buildings;
- only seated passengers on public transport;
- attending educational institutions with over 50% of students and staff in self-isolation is forbidden.
The amendments to the Government’s resolution on adaptive quarantine allow some mitigations:
- it is allowed to organize mass events with no more than 1 person per 4 sq. m of space provided and no more than two thirds of the seats are full ;
- reception of visitors in cinemas and other cultural institutions is allowed provided that more than two thirds of the seats are full or more than 50% of the seats are occupied in each hall;
- cafes and restaurants are allowed to work around the clock.
These mitigations do not apply to the ‘red’ quarantine zone.